Weeks of wildfires and most of California has not seen blue skies, or clear air. The smoke and its very fine particles effects us on all levels. We need to support our bodies with some extra love, detoxification and water.
Explore this link for wildfire or disaster preparation.
Drink water – lots of it, more than usual. Nourishes all cells and aids in moving toxins out
NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) : helps create and maintain glutathione. Great anti-oxidant and support for lungs and liver.
Vitamin C: in times of stress, bodies consume higher levels of this vitamin, which is so beneficial for immunity.
My Detox Tea for Wildfires: all ingredients are in your local health food store’s bulk herb section. Buy 1-2 ounces each, combine all and store in mason jar. 1 tsp in teaball for 3-4 cups hot water. Steep 5-10 minutes. Drink 3 cups daily.
Equal parts each
- Lemongrass: good for achy joints, exhaustion
- Milk Thistle: supports liver
- Osha Root: LUNG health, detoxification and support
- Nettle Leaf: allergy relief, analgesic pain relief and anti-inflammatory
- Plantain leaf: cough, cold, and lung irritation
- Burdock root: protect liver, detoxify blood, help protect the body from damaging free radicals.
- Yellow Dock root: inflammation of nasal passages and the respiratory tract.
- Green Tea (anti-inflammatory+) &/or Rooibois Tea ( lowers stress hormones +)
- Do not use this tea if you are on blood thinners or are pregnant.